Credit assignment: Each course is normally assigned a certain number of credits (Ci) with 1 credit per lecture hour per week, 1 credit for one or two tutorials per week, 1 credit for 2 hours of practical (2 credits for 3 or 4 hours of practical/drawing practices). Project Work can be treated on par with practical course for assigning credits. Project Work – Phase I can be of 4 hrs per week with 2 credits and Project work – Phase II can be of 20 hrs per week with 10 credits.
After the completion of the programme, the Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) from the first Semester to final Semester is calculated using the formula:
gi : Grade point secured corresponding to the course
Ci : Credits allotted to the course
- A candidate will be permitted to appear for the end semester examination of a semester only if he/she has completed the study of that semester (vide Clause6). A candidate will not be allowed to register for any end semester examination unless he/she simultaneously registers for the examinations of the highest semester eligible and all the courses which he/she be in arrears of. In the case of examination in project work, no candidate will be permitted to appear at the project work examination unless he/she had submitted the project report on or before the prescribed date.
- A candidate who is absent in End semester examination in a course / project work after having registered for the same shall be considered to have appeared and failed in that course/project work and award grade AB.
- If a candidate fails to submit the report on project work on or before the date specified by the college / department, he/she is deemed to have failed in the project work and awarded grade AB.
- The assessment will comprise of continuous assessment and End semester examination carrying marks as specified by clause 8.
- Continuous assessment marks will be awarded on the basis of continuous assessment made during the semester as per guidelines framed by the college.