KSRCT - IWS Student Forum, ISTE Student Chapter and Department of Mechanical Engineering, K.S.Rangasamy College of Technology jointly organized a one day workshop on “Recent Trends in Welding Technology” during 17th March 2017.
The workshop was inaugurated by Dr.N.Murugan, Professor & Head, Mechanical Engineering, Coimbatore Institute of Technology, Coimbatore. Dr.N.Murugan spoke about the advances in welding in the aerospace industry. Felicitation addresses were given by Dr.K.Thyagarajah, Principal, Dr.A.Kumaravel, Professor and Head and Prof.Sivamalai Rangasamy, Director, Department of Mechanical Engineering, K.S.Rangasamy college of Technology, Tiruchengode. Mrs.A.Shanthakumari, Deputy General Manager, WRI, BHEL, Tiruchirappalli gave ideas about the different scopes for welding and the opportunities available in higher studies.
During the workshop, lectures on “Welding processes”, “Welding Metallurgy”, and “Non Destructive methods” were delivered by eminent personalities working in the fields of Welding and Non-Destructive testing. The list includes, Mr.N.Rajasekaran, Manager Welding Research Institute – BHEL, Tiruchirappalli, Dr.V.Balusamy, Professor, Department of Metallurgical Engineering, PSG College of Technology, Mrs.A.Shanthakumari, Deputy General Manager, WRI, BHEL, Tiruchirappalli, Dr.N.Murugan, Professor and Head, Mechanical Engineering Department, Coimbatore Institute of Technology, Coimbatore.
The workshop was coordinated by Dr.K.Mohan, Professor & Faculty Advisor, KSRCT- IWS student Forum and Mr.R.Prakash, Assistant Professor, K.S.Rangasamy College of Technology. 120 students and 10 faculty members from K.S.Rangasamy college of Technology actively participated in this workshop.
- Promoted the advancement of welding related technologies and other allied sciences.
- Facilitated exchange of ideas, information, development work, etc.
- Offered flexible learning in various aspects of welding and related technology that suit the requirement of various levels.
- Promoted professional exchange of information, experience and advanced training.
- Promoted the application of NDT in engineering and wide exposure to non-destructive testing and its methods in solving quantitative and qualitative manufacturing problems.
- Provided a brief overview about some NDT and its developments.
- Certificates were issued to the participants at the end of the workshop. Dr.K.Mohan, Professor & Faculty Advisor, KSRCT- IWS Student Forum gave the vote of thanks.