This Committee is meant for monitoring the Code of Conduct implemented in the Institution for the students, teachers, administrators, non-teaching staff and other stakeholders of the institution. It ensures the organisation of different programs on ethics, values, culture and other important areas for the betterment of the society. The Committee meets twice in a year i.e. in the month of July and December. The following are the members of the Committee.
- Principal, Chairperson
- Dean – SMS
- Dean – SES
- Director, Student Affairs
- Controller of Examinations
- IQAC Coordinator – Coordinator
About Monitoring Committee:
Institution has a prescribed code of conduct for staff and students which is printed in the College Handbook and is also displayed on the college website.
The management believes that to guide and equip staff and students in moral and ethical values are a primary responsibility. To discharge this responsibility, it conducts awareness programmes so that students and staff are enabled to carry out their duties and responsibilities by adhering to the rules and regulations and prescribed code of conduct.
A Monitoring Committee is constituted by the IQAC to monitor the adherence of the code of conduct.
Objectives of the Committee are to ;
- monitor the adherence of the code of conduct
- organize programmes on professional ethics for staff and students.
- organize awareness programmes on code of conduct for staff and students.
- implement the annual awareness programme on code of conduct
Functions / Strategies:
- The committee monitors the implementation of the annual awareness action plans made by the IQAC to drive home the code of conduct through awareness programmes, motivational sessions and guest lectures for staff and students.
- Roles and responsibilities are assigned to student representatives, faculty coordinators of different committees/cells, HoDs, Deans , Director of Student Affairs, Controller of Examinations and Vice-Principal to schedule and implement the plan of action on code of conduct.
- The committee monitors the functioning of the following committees concerned with matters of discipline, ethics, and codes of conduct:
(i) Discipline Committee (For staff & students)
(ii) Anti-Ragging Committee (For staff & students)
(iii) Grievance Redressal Committee (For staff & students)
(iv) Internal Complaints Committee (For staff & students)
- The committee maintains reports with supporting documents of the programmes organized
- The committee meets once in every semester and records the minutes of the meetings.