To produce competent Scientists, Technologists, Entrepreneurs and Researchers in Biotechnology through quality education.
To provide technology enabled Teaching-learning through research, continual process improvement and facilitate students to become competent professionals in Biotechnology.
Click Here For Faculty Team : Faculty Team
Click Here For Role Of Honour : Role Of Honour
Uniqueness of the Department
- Student Startup Laboratory
- First International Student Internship through AICTE– Mitacs Canada
- First Private Engineering College under Anna University to offer DBT Sponsored PG – M.tech Biotechnology
- Engineering college under DBT STAR Scheme( BT, FT, CSE and Physics)
- First private Engineering college to start Animal House Facility approved by CPCSEA
- Industry Linked laboratories
- Popularization of Science to the public and Students
- Publication of Science articles in Regional Language for the rural masses
Highlights of the Department
- Signed MoU with various national, multinational companies/ Industries and R&D labs in India and abroad for internships, placement, higher studies and R&D works
- Published 449 papers in National and International journals. (Google Scholar, Scopus, etc., )
- Filed four US patents, two UK patents and 24 Indian patents by faculty members, research scholars and students.
- Deposited 67 DNA and 12 metagenomics sequences of various organisms at NCBI, Maryland, USA by faculty members, research scholars and students.
- Published 14 books and 54 Book chapters so far in addition to three laboratory manuals has been published. Received copy right for one laboratory manual
- 25 research scholars have been successfully awarded Doctoral degree in the Department of Biotechnology.
- Involved in collaborative research works with IIT Madras, NBRI and University of Madras, Chennai in the field of Lichens, Tea and Turmeric plants.
- A total of 8 commercial Bioformulations are made available for Tea, Coffee plantations and Turmeric fields including textile and dye industries for effluent treatments