About the Centre for Nanoscience and Technology
The Centre for Nanoscience and Technology (CNST) has offered postgraduate (M.Tech.) degree since 2009 and also offers Ph.D. Programme with Institution Research Fellowship – IRF (15000/- Per Month). The NST aims to provide a platform for young minds of students to understand the basic concepts of material properties at the nanoscale. M.Tech programme is accompanied by science, engineering, and technology to ensure real-time applications by exploring the fundamental structure of nanoscale-quantum phenomenon. This programme collectively deals with cutting-edge research and innovations in the multidisciplinary field, and focuses on ongoing thrust research activities. CNST continuously updates the innovation in science and technology for young researchers, scientists, innovators, entrepreneurs, and students. The CNST has state-of-the-art research facilities, namely AFM, nanoindentation, micro-Vickers hardness, spray pyrolysis, FTIR, UV, and PL spectroscopy, BET-surface area, XRF, Particle size analyzer, contact angle measurement, DC-sputtering. EIS spectroscopy, etc. CNST has a team of faculty, researchers, and students working together to bring innovation in interdisciplinary domain. Our management is keen to bring Centre for Nano Science and Technology (CNST) as a world-class research centre to take up challenging research work in the nano valley for the benefit of society. The department has academic and industrial collaboration with various national and international universities, research centres, and industries.
Salient feature of CNST @ KSRCT
- The CNST has completed 22 funded projects sponsored by DRDO, DST, Nano mission, UGC-DAE CSR, IGCAR, BRNS, and six minor projects from DRDO, CSIR, and UGC, for a total grant of 4.02 crores.
- The department has produced 25 PhD degree holders, published 250 publications in peer-reviewed national and international journals with good impact factors, and more than 6,000 Google Scholar citations andH-index:45. Patern-3.
- CNST has conducted many international conferences (NANO-10, MAM-12, NANO-15), ICISTIA-22, seminar, workshop lectures series. Five Nobel laureates have visited the NST and KSRCT since 2010.
- The department has signed MoU’s with leading research institutes in foreign countries such as Germany, Taiwan, South Korea, Australia, Singapore, the USA, Portugal, South Africa, Kenya, and Mauritius, Prathista Industries Pvt. Ltd., Nopo Nanotechnology Pvt. Ltd., and Swap Nano Solution Pvt. Ltd., for joint collaborative research work.
- The CNST team are working in area of research, lithium-ion battery, super capacitor, nano biomaterials, nano fertilizer, photocatalysis, water purification membrane, thin film and corrosion, mass production of nano metal oxides.
MoU’s of CNST: