Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
Establishment of Internal Quality Assurance Cell
In pursuance of the Action Plan for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality upgradation of higher education institutions, the NAAC proposes that every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of an institution’s system and work towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. In view of this, IQAC was established in the year 2012.
The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of institutions. The IQAC will make a significant and meaningful contribution in the post accreditation phase of institutions. During the post accreditation period, the IQAC will channelize the efforts and measures of an institution towards academic excellence.
To ensure quality culture as the prime concern for the Higher Education Institutions through institutionalizing and internalizing all the initiatives taken with internal and external support.
The primary aim of IQAC is
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
Guidelines of IQAC and submission of AQAR for Autonomous Colleges
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks;
- Relevant and quality academic/ research programmes;
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society;
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning;
- The credibility of assessment and evaluation process;
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services;
- Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programs/activities leading to quality improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- Development and maintenance of an institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution;
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC;
The IQAC may be constituted in every institution under the chairmanship of head of the institution with heads of important academic and administrative units, a few teachers and a few distinguished educationists / representatives of local committee. The composition of the IQAC may be as follows:
- Chairperson: Head of the Institution
- A few senior administrative officers
- Three to eight teachers
- One or two members from the Management
- One/two nominees from local society
- One of the teachers as the coordinator of the IQAC.
- AQAR(Annual Quality Assurance Report) for 2019-2020
- AQAR(Annual Quality Assurance Report) for 2018-2019
- AQAR(Annual Quality Assurance Report) for 2017-2018
- AQAR(Annual Quality Assurance Report) for 2016-2017
- AQAR(Annual Quality Assurance Report) for 2015-2016
- AQAR(Annual Quality Assurance Report) for 2014-2015
- AQAR(Annual Quality Assurance Report) for 2013-2014
- AQAR(Annual Quality Assurance Report) for 2012-2013