Department Profile Of Civil Engineering
The Department of Civil Engineering was established in the year 2002. The Department offers B.E. (Civil Engg.), M.E. (Structural Engineering) and Ph.D. programme under Anna University, Chennai. The Civil Department holds the unique distinction of being accredited by NBA under Tier-I in 2014 and extended upto 2020 on compliance. The Department has well experienced and qualified Faculty Members in various specializations such as Structural Engineering, Soil Mechanics, Geology, Environmental Engineering, Construction Engineering and Management, Water Resources Engineering, etc. The Excellent Infrastructure Facilities of the department propped the department in Research and Developmental activities in Structural Engineering in the field of Steel Structures, Concrete elements and also in Environmental Engineering. The department has excellent laboratory facilities to meet the requirements of under graduate, post graduate, Ph.D., & Post Doctoral courses in Civil Engineering and also to facilitate consultancy and Research activities. Our Faculty achieved recognition by being conferred with the best faculty awards and rewards from various forums. Besides, Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs) are signed with leading organizations. Students grabbed opportunities for higher studies abroad in renowned institutions. The department has received funds from AICTE, DST-SERB, DBT and Anna University. The sanctioned intake of the department for the undergraduate level is 30 and PG level is 06. Faculty published quality papers with high impact factor in various reputed journals. The Department Faculty are acting as recognized Research supervisors and have produced 23 Ph.D degree holders.
Highlights of the Department
- Faculty have published more than 200 Research Publications which are cited in web of science, Scopus and Google scholar
- One credit courses are being offered by Industry resource persons in the current topics like Drone Surveying, Rivet Architecture, Building Information Modeling, Vastu
- As a part of choice-based credit system (CSBS), students are encouraged to take courses from NPTEL / SWAYAM, industry internship and the credits earned are considered for the total credits needed to complete the program.
- Training for placement is offered in the department along with mock interviews by Alumni who are well placed.
- Students are mentored by faculty to participate in National level Project Contests regularly. Students do participate and win prizes both National and International level.
- Students get placed in core companies like L & T, Mott Mac Donald, India Cements etc.