The Department of Computer Science and Engineering was started in the year 1994, it is affiliated to Anna University, Chennai. Department offers the programmes like B.E. Computer Science and Engineering and M.E. Computer Science and Engineering. The objective of the Department is to produce competent software professionals, academicians and researchers through Quality Education. The number of student’s batch passed out in B.E is 21 batches and in M.E is 15 batches. The Department faculty strength is 28 who are highly qualified and experienced in specialization of different domain knowledge. The specializations are Network Security, Data Mining, Web Mining, Cloud Computing, Big Data Analytics, Image Processing, Ad hoc Networks and Software Engineering and Testing. The Department research centre approved by Anna University since – 2004. This research centre has produced 75 Ph.D candidates, with 03 supervisors and 23 scholars are currently doing their research work. The NBA Accreditation has been granted by NBA under Tier –I – 2014 twice.
The licensed software’s in the laboratory are Microsoft Campus Agreements, Oracle Server 11g Standard per Processor Edition, Rational Suite Enterprise 2003, QualNet Network Simulator Perpetual, Adobe Creative Suites Premium 2.0 and Macromedia Studio 8.0. The Department association (ASCI) has been formed and it has initiated various activities to enrich technical skills of the students. The Department publishes active technical articles on current technologies and trends of Information Technology (IT) in Department Infinite Computing Magazine and it is a quarterly magazine.
The students from this department are booming entrepreneurs Mr. S. Tamilmani of Batch: 2009-2013 is a software developer and trainer. He owns a company called “Smart Reach”. The entrepreneur Mr. R.Rageshwaran of Batch: 2012-2016 is a Mobile APP Developer and he developed different applications such as Hackfriends phone for fun, Signature unlocker, Voice unlocker lock screen, Secret chat and Birthday wishes.
Programming Skill Development System (PSDS) is a Web IDE, it gives more efficient and effective programming skills to improve the logical thinking ability of students and faculty as well. The unique feature of this IDE is, it automatically checks the logic using test cases options. To get skilled with unique Project Oriented Approach, The Project Readiness Program (PRP) has been introduced and it provides training in the following area of Front End: HTML, CSS, Java Script, Bootstrap, Back End: Java, J2EE and Database: Oracle. The placement assessment tests are conducted to analyze and improve the student’s logical and analytical thinking. The students have been placed in various product based and service based companies. The students has been placed in different MNCs such as Wipro, ZOHO, IVTL, Accenture, CAPGEMINI, Polaris etc.
- Received Fund worth of Rs.29,71,000 from Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), NewDelhi,(2015-2018)( File No: (EMR/2014/000711)
- Sanctioned Fund worth of Rs.24,00,000 from DBT under STAR college scheme (2017-2021). Established Cloud Laboratory under the DBT-STAR Scheme
- Books, patent and copy writes published by faculty. One faculty acted as a jury in international conference at Malaysia
- The department has accredited for 3 years by NBA under Tier –I in the year 2017-2021
- On line one credit courses offered through QEEE, NPTEL / SWAYAM
- Faculty members have received 1 Silver awards and 6 Bronze awards from Infosys for their technical excellence
- Faculty members have received Gold, Silver, Elite and Best Mentor awards from NPTEL and QEEE
- Students have participated in Smart India Hackathon Contest-2019 conducted by MHRD
- Students brought accolades to our department in placements for the academic year 2021-2022
- 2 faculties from CSE department got the AICTE LITE award in the academic year 2021-2022
- Asynchronous mode of learning -MOODLE,MS-TEAM has been introduced through which the submission of assignments and quiz are digitalized. The students are able to utilize course materials effectively
- Open elective courses are offered in emerging areas such as Object Oriented Programming, Angular JS, C# and .NET Framework, Data Mining, Python Programming for Data Analytics, R Programming, Artificial Intelligence, Network Setup and Administration to other branch students
- Department have arranged frequent alumni interaction by means of providing lectures, mock interview, project review to the students
- The Department offers Verbal, Non-Verbal and Technical training to the students to improve their hard and soft skills
Technical Training is imparted to students by Wipro certified trainers in the department so as to help the students to achieve better placement
- Incubation Centre has been established in order to improve the entrepreneurship and startups with the provision of seed money by the institution for projects
- Faculty members are motivated from the institution, the research papers have been published in various SCI, SCOPUS,WOS journals
- To improve the number of entrepreneurs in the department below activities are carried out
- More number of awareness programs are conducted from Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC)
- Policy for the startup and incubation has been created
BEST CONNECT WITH INDUSTRIES