Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE) was started in the year 1994. The department offers 4 years Under Graduate (UG) and 2 year Post Graduate (PG) in M.E., Power Systems Engineering from the academic year 2010-2011. The student intake for the UG programme is 120 and the PG programme is 18. The UG programme was accredited by NBA in the year 2005-06 for three years and reaccredited in the year 2008-09 for 3 years; Accredited by NBA under TIER I category in the year 2014-15 for 3 years and reaccredited in the year 2017- 18 for 3 more years. The department is recognized as a research center by Anna University, Chennai from the year 2000.
The curriculum and syllabus for the programmes offered in the department are designed as per the Regulation 2018 of the autonomous system. The curriculum is designed to achieve a balance between depth of knowledge acquired through specialization and breadth of knowledge gained through exploration. The undergraduate degree courses offered by the department provide a comprehensive foundation in the core topics of EEE coupled with areas of specialization relevant to emerging engineering challenges. The curriculum has been designed to create professional electrical and electronic engineers, who can serve in the fields of core electrical engineering, information and communication systems, and other related fields.
Highlights of the department
- Department of EEE has been awarded the “IE(I) Best Division Award” by Tamilnadu State Centre in the year 2018-2019 for organizing more technical events and workshops.
- Number of Publications: 382; Scopus h-index: 12; Google h-index: 13; i10-index: 20
- Two R&D works have been completed by the faculty members with a fund of Rs. 2.74 Lakhs from AICTE under the CAYT scheme.
- Two MODROB projects from AICTE have been completed with a fund of Rs. 18.7 Lakhs.
- Four student projects have been funded by IEEMA with a fund of Rs. 44,000.
- Three student projects have been funded by TNSCST with a fund of Rs. 29,500.
- Number of Consultancy works completed: 04.
- Energy audit works are undertaken with available specialized equipment: Power Quality Analyzers, Thermal Analyzers, etc.
- On line one-credit courses offered through, QEEE, NMEICT, and NPTEL / SWAYAM.
- Industry-Institute Interaction for projects, internships, placement, and training and consultancy services.
- 135 students completed the Project Internship for the last 5 years.
- Our faculty members have successfully completed 13 courses in NPTEL online certification with 2-Gold, 1-Silver, and 5-Elite.
- Two of our faculty members have completed an “8 week international MOOCs FDP” course with GOLD conducted by “D Y Patil College of Engineering”, sponsored by UK-INDIA Education and Research Initiative, AICTE Mumbai.