- B.TECH. Information Technology
- M.TECH. Data Science
The Department of Information Technology has been successfully functioning since 1998. The department excels in academic performance and also in research activities. The Department has signed MOU with Infosys (Campus Connect Programme), WIPRO, EMC2,SAPHANNA,VIRTUSA and Technologies to bridge the gap between the academics and industry scenario.The Department has well experienced and dedicated faculty team to provide quality education to the students and impart IT excellence in them. The lab amenities and experiments are designed to gain parallel growth in theoretical as well as practical skills, keeping in mind the current trends and developments.
The Department has been recognized as a Research Centre for carrying out research programme under Anna University, Chennai. The department specific Centre for Excellence offers scholars to do their research activities under the guidance of Ph.D. Professors. Faculty members have published more than 200 papers in the reputed international journals and conferences.The major research areas include Wireless Networks, Data Analytics, Image Processing, Internet of Things,Bioinformatics, Machine Learning,Deep Learning and Cloud Computing.The Department of IT aspires to make our technocrats as good citizens of our nation to serve the industry and society constructively.
Winner of TN Police Hackathon 2022
Mr. Sakthisaran S, Ms. Subalakshmi P and Ms. Thilagavathi A #KSRCTians of Final Year Information Technology, K. S. Rangasamy College of Technology, received Rs. 50,000 cash prize from Dr. C. Sylendra Babu, I. P. S., Director General of Police, Tamilnadu on December 16, 2022
- Number of Research Publications in International Journal :156 Scopus Indexed : 22
- Two FDPs have been funded by AICTE with a fund of Rs. 14 lakhs
- One Seminar has been fundedby MOES with a fund of Rs.1 Lakh
- One student Project has been funded by TNSCST
- One workshop has been funded by DRDO with a fund of Rs.40, 000
- 85% of students have been placed in various reputed companies
- 82 Students have undergone project Internship from last 5 years
- On line one credit courses offered through QEEE, NPTEL / SWAYAM
- Project based learning(SAP) is offered based on Industrial needs.
- Consultancy projects have been done for TNEB, Agricultural University
- Our Faculty members have received 3 Silver awards and 3 Bronze awards from Infosys for their technical excellence
- Our Faculty members have received Elite and Best Mentor awards from NPTEL and QEEE
- Our Students have participated in Smart India Hackathon Contest-2017 & 2018 conducted by MHRD