The Department of Information Technology was formed with the basic objective of providing skill-based education in the field of Information Technology. Right from its inception, the department has been offering well-built infrastructural facilities with different computer platforms for grooming professional students to meet the incessant demands of the IT industry. The department strives to produce eminent professionals tuned to the real time working environment. To fulfill this objective, the software, hardware and the curriculum are updated regularly.
- The department regularly organizes Faculty Development Programs (FDPs), Short Term Training Programmes (STTPs), research seminars, Guest lectures one credit courses based on the curriculum needs and the recent trends in IT industries sponsored by IIT-BOMBAY, AICTE-ISTE, CSIR, CSI, Infosys, etc.
- Students are motivated to participate in Code Challenge, Code Hackathon, TCS Codevita and All India MHRD projects to update their knowledge on par with the industry standards.
- Faculty members and students are motivated to attend the online courses like NPTEL/Swayam, QEEE and ICTACT programmes providing opportunities for motivating lifelong learning process.
- Industry Elective courses are being inculcated in curriculum in order to make industry ready professionals.
- Our department faculty members are being trained from various industries like Virtusa, Wipro, Infosys and SAP-HANNA to enlighten the knowledge on recent trends and aid students in their placement activities.
- International Conference and National level Technical Symposium are organized to encourage students to get involved in co-curricular activities.